Industrial property protection is the comprehensive generic term for the regulations enacted to protect intellectual and commercial activity in economic competition.
Questions of intellectual property law have been a focal point in our business law-oriented professional fields for years. The competition law provisions of the Unfair Competition Act (UWG) are also having an ever-increasing impact on everyday business due to the increase in competition law warnings.
Due to the complexity of the regulations and the resulting effects on the entire entrepreneurial behaviour, in particular on advertising behaviour and the protection of entrepreneurial services, working in the legal field of intellectual property law requires, in addition to a comprehensive education, the ability to link and analyse findings from the various legal fields, taking into account the overall entrepreneurial context. Only on the basis of this analysis is it possible to provide advice in the field of intellectual property law that makes sense from an entrepreneurial point of view.
We have a team of lawyers who, due to their training and daily professional practice, are able to advise and represent clients comprehensively in the field of intellectual property law.
Industrial property protection includes the following areas of law in particular:
- Copyright and related rights (inter alia, file sharing; artists' contracts; music publishing law, photo law; exhibition contracts; film and video contracts; law governing recording studios; model contracts, agency contracts; exploitation contracts; advertising contracts; sponsoring; sports marketing; sports contracts).
- Competition law, protection of services under competition law
- Trademark law (in particular application, monitoring and defence of trademarks, development of trademark strategies)
- Design law (designs and models)
- Public procurement law
- Utility model law
- Right to one's own image
- Plant variety protection (plant varieties)
- Semiconductor protection or protection of topographies
- Licensing contract law
- Therapeutic Products Advertising Act (HWG)
- Food law
- Medical Device Law
- Product launches
- Patent law (in particular filing and defending patents)
- Antitrust law (national and international)
- Business designations(business identifiers and work titles)
- Geographical indications
- Naming rights
- Protection of trade secrets
- Employee Invention Law
We advise and represent nationally and internationally in all intellectual property cases.